- Through software applications that we put at your disposal for use in computers or mobile devices (the “Applications”).
- Through social networks in which we participate, from which you have access to this Privacy Statement (collectively our “Pages on social networks”).
1.About the data we collect: “Personal data” is the data that identifies you individually or relates to an identifiable person. At the guest or customer contact points, we collect “Personal data” in accordance with the law, such as:
- Postal address
- Phone number.
- Email address.
- Credit and debit card number or other payment information.
- Financial information in certain circumstances.
- Date and place of birth.
- Nationality, passport, visa or other identification data issued by government authorities.
- Important dates, such as birthday, anniversaries and special occasions.
- Data of the membership or loyalty program.
- Data of your employer.
- Travel Itinerary, travel group or information of activities.
- Interactions or previous stays as a guest, purchased goods and services, special services and accommodation requests.
- Geolocation information.
- Identification of accounts in social networks, profile photo and other publicly available data, or available data by linking your social networks and loyalty accounts.
In even more special circumstances, we can also collect:
- Family and companions data, such as names and children age.
- Images, video and audio data through: (a) security cameras located in public areas, such as corridors and lobbies of our hotels.
- Guest preferences and personalized data such as your interests, activities, hobbies, choice of food and drinks, services and amenities you recommend or we learned about during your visit.
2. About how we collect “Personal data”: We collect “Personal data” in several ways:
- “Online services”. We collect “Personal data” when you make a reservation, acquire services from our “Websites” or “Applications”, communicate or connect with us, publish information on social networks, register to receive information, participate in a survey, contest , promotion or even fill information request forms on different social platforms (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, among others).
- Visits to hotels and offline interactions. We collect “Personal data” when you visit our hotels or use our sale points and services within it, such as restaurants, concierge services and laundry services. We also collect “Personal data” when you attend promotional events we organize or participate in, or when you provide your “Personal data” to organize an event.
- Customer service centers. We collect “Personal data” when you make a reservation by phone or when you communicate by email with us.
- Strategic business partners. We collect “Personal data” from the companies with whom we associate to provide with goods, services and offers based on your experiences at our hotel or that we think you would be interested in (Strategic business partners).
- Other sources. We collect “Personal data” from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners and other third parties.
- Devices connected to Internet. We collect “Personal data” from Internet-connected devices available on our property.
- Physical location and mobile services based on your location. We collect “Personal data” if you download one of our applications or participate in certain programs. We can collect the physical location of your device using a satellite, cell tower, WiFi signals and other technologies, for instance. We will collect this data if you agree to receive our offers and enable the location feature on your mobile device through the “Application” or another program (during your first login or afterwards). If you chose to participate, the “Application” or some other program will continue to collect location data when you are near a participating hotel until you log out or close the application. In other words, the application or another program will collect this information if they are active as second priority and will stop if you use your phone settings or another device to disable the location function of the hotel application.
3. About the use of “Personal data”:
As detailed below, we use “Personal data” to provide “Services”, develop new offers and protect Aranwa Hotels Resorts & Spas and its guests. In some cases, we will ask you to provide us with “Personal data” or other direct information. If you do not provide us with the requested information or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide you with the requested “Services”.
We use “Personal data” and other information for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
Provide the “Services” you request. We use “Personal data” and other information to provide the services you request, including:
- Provide the services you request, such as making reservations and sending confirmations or messages prior to your arrival. Assist you with meetings, events and celebrations.
- Give further information about the area and hotel.
- Complete your reservation and stay. Ensuring your room is available and providing related customer services to process your payment, for instance.
- Support our electronic receipts program. When you give us an email address when making a reservation, we use that address to send a copy of your invoice. If you make a reservation for another person using your email address, that person’s invoice will also be sent to you by the same means. You can indicate that you do not want to receive your invoice by email and get a hard copy of it by talking to reception or we will use the “Personal data” and other information to handle our contractual relationship with you as we have a legitimate interest to do so or to comply with any legal obligation.
- Customize the “Services” according to your personal preferences. We use “Personal data” and other information to customize services and improve your experience when you contact our call center, visit one of our hotels or use the “Online services” to:
- Customize your experience according to your personal preferences.
- Communicate offers adapted to your personal preferences.
- Inform about goods and services according to your personal preferences. We use “Personal data” and other information to:
- Send marketing communications, promotions, and periodic satisfaction surveys of market research or quality control.
- Loyalty programs. We use “Personal data” and other information to:
- Offer and manage your participation in our loyalty program, “Loyalty Pass”.
- Send offers, promotions and information about activities and your account status.
- Evaluate your benefits.
- Manage points earned through co-branded credit cards.
- Manage your choices on how to obtain and use your points.
- Raffles, activities, events and promotions. We use “Personal data” and other information so that you can participate in raffles, contests and other promotions, and to manage such activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain extra information about how we use and disclose your “Personal data”. We suggest you to read carefully these rules.
- Commercial purposes. We use “Personal data” and other information for data analysis, audits, security, control and fraud prevention (including using closed circuit television, access cards and other security systems), development of new products, improvements or changes to our “Services”, identification of usage trends, effectiveness determination of our promotional campaigns, operation, and expansion of our commercial activities.
4. About the disclosure of your “Personal data”:
We will use and disclose the “Personal data” as we deem necessary or recommendable:
(a) In accordance with applicable laws, including current laws abroad.
(b) To comply with any legal procedure.
(c) In response to requests from government authorities.
(d) To enforce our terms and conditions.
(e) To protect our operations and those from our subsidiaries.
(f) To protect our rights, privacy, security, ownership and those of our subsidiaries, of you and of others.
(g) To be able to use the legal resources that we have available or limit the damages that we may suffer.
We may use and disclose the other information for any purpose, except when the law states otherwise. In some cases, we may combine the other information with “Personal data” (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the information as “Personal data” as long as it is combined.
In accordance with any consent you have granted, you have the right to refuse to give your consent and to withdraw it at any time through the email firstname.lastname@example.org.